A facelift is a cosmetic surgical procedure that Dr. Bell performs at his accredited surgical facility in Toronto. The procedure helps to improve visible signs of aging in the face and neck. It is technically known as a Rhytidectomy.
Improving your image with a facelift
If you are bothered by the signs of aging in your face, a facelift may be an appropriate option for you.
Face lift surgery involves tightening of the facial skin and repositioning of the deeper layers including redistribution of fat from other parts of the face. This will help to erase deep facial wrinkles and restore a more youthful appearance and, reverse the effects of aging on the face. Dr. Bell's knowledge of the facial anatomy allows him to reposition underlying tissue as needed to create the desired results.
Generally, facelift incisions are made in the hairline above the ears, then continue around the ears and end in the lower scalp or behind the ear. The extent of the incisions will depend on your individual case and Dr. Bell's surgical judgment. The procedure will be discussed with you in detail, during your facelift consultation at Dr. Bell's accredited plastic surgery facility in Toronto.
A facelift may help to reduce some of the following effects:
- Sagging mid-face
- Deep creases from the nose to the corners of the mouth
- Deep creases beneath the lower eyelids
- Jowls created by loss of facial tone in the lower face along with the effects of gravity
- Loose skin and excess fatty deposits under the chin and jaw, giving the appearance of a double chin
Facelift surgery could be a viable option for you if:
- You are physically healthy and you don’t smoke. If you do smoke, Dr. Bell will discuss the possibility of surgery with you.
- You have a positive outlook and specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance
During your consultation at Dr. Bell's Toronto plastic surgery clinic, he will discuss a wide range of issues to help you decide whether a facelift is appropriate for you.
Dr. Bell will also:
- Take photographs for your medical record
- Discuss other options available to you for facelift and facial rejuvenation
- Evaluate your general health and discuss any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors that may be present
Prior to surgery, Dr. Bell may ask you to:
- Take specific tests and/or a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Avoid taking Aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements, as they can increase bleeding
Special instructions that you will receive from Dr. Bell for your facelift surgery in Toronto will cover what to do on the night before and morning of surgery, the use of anesthesia during your face lift and post-operative care and follow-up.
Dr. Bell will perform your facelift at his private accredited surgical facility in Toronto.
A variety of other procedures can further enhance the outcome of a facelift. They include:
- Facial implants
- Wrinkle reduction by Botox® and facial filler injection
- Neck lift, brow lift, or several other surgical procedures
- Soft tissue augmentation/facial fat grafting, to re-contour the facial structure
- Laser Skin Resurfacing techniques to improve the tone and texture of facial skin
The result of a facelift surgery varies from patient to patient due to several factors including age, life style, and facial structure. In general, your facelift should not only restore a more youthful and rested appearance, but also help you feel more confident about yourself.