Coronal Brow Lift
If you’re distressed by expression lines or other signs of aging in the brow region, a brow lift may be an appropriate cosmetic procedure. A brow lift performed by Dr. Bell in his Toronto clinic is designed to:
- Restore the position of eyebrows to a more youthful position
- Improve frown lines, vertical creases that occur between the eyebrows
- Minimize the creases that occur on the forehead, or those that develop between the eyes
What Is A Coronal Brow Lift ?
This technique, as used by Dr. Bell at his accredited cosmetic surgery facility in Toronto, involves an incision from ear to ear, lifting the forehead and removing excess skin from the scalp.
Recovery time is often longer than the endoscopic brow lift [a brow lift performed with a miniature camera beneath the skin] due to the size of the incision.
The incision lines from a coronal brow lift are well concealed within the hair or natural contours of the face if they are placed at the hairline (hairline browlift)with the goal of shortening the forehead.
Final results will appear gradually as the forehead heals, to reveal smoother forehead skin and a more youthful, rested appearance.
Preparing For Coronal Browlift Surgery
Prior to brow lift surgery at his Toronto clinic, Dr. Bell may ask you to :
- Undergo specific lab testing
- Stop smoking well in advance of surgery
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
Special instructions you may receive from Dr. Bell before your brow lift will cover :
- What to do on the night before and morning of surgery
- The use of anesthesia during your brow lift
- Post-operative care and follow-up
Dr. Bell will perform your brow lift in his accredited, cosmetic surgical center in Toronto.